I want to thank those in attendance for their generosity. Our branch raised $80 for the Greater Vancouver Foodbank and some food donations! The need for food has never been greater, so if you haven't already donated to a charity of your choice, please consider donating some food, or funds.
The draw was successful, with one member winning a Chapters giftcard and two other participants winning Starbucks cards.
We were especially fortunate that one participant brought a menorah and brought light to our event by lighting the candles and singing the traditional song of candle lighting for Hannukah. Thanks so much for that thoughtful addition to our multi-cultural holiday event.
I have posted a couple of pictures of the event to the VSS Facebook page.
Thanks to all who were able to make it to the event and I'm sorry not everyone could make it as planned, but there will be lots of other events in 2011.
I look forward to meeting more of you in the New Year and wish everyone a relaxing, joyful and rejuvenating Holiday season!
Tracey Young, MSW, RSW
President & Branch representative to the Board for Vancouver Sea-to-Sky
BC Association of Social Workers (BCASW)
From the GVFB website:
Most Needed Food Items - *Update*
We are currently in great need of the following items:
- Canned meat and fish
- Whole wheat pasta and rice
- Canned fruit and vegetables
No comments:
Post a Comment