Thursday, February 2, 2012

Social Work Week Event March 3rd

Hello BCASW Vancouver Sea-to-Sky branch!

Happy Chinese and Gregorian New Year and all that.
My name is Cayce Laviolette and I have the honour and pleasure of representing you at our BCASW Board. I hope to make 2012 a really fun year for our branch.

First things first, we need to get together!

Our executive has put together a gathering to celebrate Social Work Week 2012;

Vancouver Sea-to-Sky BCASW
Social Work Week Event
Saturday March 3rd
3 p.m. to approx. 6 p.m.
Bay Moorings Restaurant
6330 Bay St, Horseshoe Bay
FAMILY FRIENDLY EVENT! 

While there will be no guest speaker per se, I will say a few words about what 2012 brings for us, esp. in terms of labour and collective bargaining.
Our branch executive will be meeting early, at 2:30.  If you are at all interested in running for a position, e.g. treasurer, president, etc., I strongly encourage you to come early.

Why are we meeting in Horseshoe Bay?  This is an opportunity for our members from Powell River, Sunshine Coast, Squamish and Whistler to finally join us.
If you need to carpool, let me know.  I can try to set up a rideshare board.

Buses leave for Horseshoe Bay frequently from Downtown Vancouver, and take about 30-45 minutes.

See you there!

Cayce
1-604-989-0880

No comments:

Post a Comment